Tuesday 21 February 2012

Grocery spreeeee

So I went grocery shopping!
Mind you, I usually don't buy much because I live on a rather small budget,
but since I've started a food blog, I thought it would be only fitting to buy sufficient amount of food to blog about, that and the grocery store was having a big big sale! 
....oh right, and I broke my savings for ipod touch that I was saving for, 
BUT ITS OKAY.....it really is...! sigh

Anyways, here's what I bought:

Eggs, Source yogurt tubs, broccoli, apples, lemons, 2 chilli tuna cans, dark chocolate, dijon mustard, soy milk, pumpkin puree, canned corn, cottage cheese, cream cheese, chewy bars aaaaaaand BUTTER!
Buying butter was exciting, because believe it or not, it was my very first time buying butter!
Usually it's too pricey, and I always thought it was really unhealthy, but I wanted to make baked salmon in dill butter sauce and blog about it, so in it went in my shopping cart.
(I am noticing a serious lack of fresh food here, and in case you are concerned...I take vitamins.)
(Just kidding (not about vitamins though), I have some fresh veggies from last week's groceries.)

and if you see at the corner, a mysterious rolled up thing, that's my silicone baking sheet, 
its original purpose was so that I can make macarons, but apparently you can bake just about anything on it, so I'm looking forward to baking constantly on it (Check back for the best biscotti ever, coming soon)! I also got a zester that I forgot to include in the photo. So I'm set to go!

Oh and of course, some bulk barn stuff.
In the end, this came to about 25 dollars, excluding the rolled up thing and bulk barn stuff, a success, wouldn't you say?
I don't know about you guys, but Bulk Barn is my absolute favourite place. Today I went and picked up some: adzuki beans (for making paste), walnuts, cocoa powder, moulding chocolate, graham cracker crumbs, some flour and spices. I think all together, it only costed about 5 dollars or so.  

Usually my monthly allowance on food is about 100 dollars, 
so this spree was sort of an over-spending occasion, but as I mentioned,
........my ipod saving...
haha, well keep checking back for more recipes!
I was going to make something tonight, but I still had so much left over baked penne with creamy ginger sauce and asparagus. I'll be baking soon. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment