Friday 24 February 2012

Mini Banana bread for one!

Hey guys,
so as you probably know, yesterday was National Banana Bread day.
Well, I didn't know that it was until it was too late into the night,
so I decided to bake one today!
But when you live on your own, baking an average sized banana bread is a little too much,
unless you plan on having banana bread for all your meals for the next 3 days or so.
(which in my opinion, is perfectly fine, but my body thinks otherwise)

So I set out to find the perfect mini-banana bread recipe,
and just ended up altering a few average sized recipes to fit my own needs,
and It was absolutely delicious!

Straight out of the oven, I finished more than half of it before it even had the chance to cool down,
and at that point, I was wondering why I didn't bake the bigger loaf of this stuff.

 Before it went into the oven. You will notice the lemon poppyseed loaf that I baked as well,
it was appealing visually, but was too lemon-y for my taste.
I'll be tweaking the recipe in the future, so stay in tune (:

 And just for the visual entertainment:
Lemon poppyseed loaf!

These loaves are fairly small, about 4 inches long, and not anymore than 3 inches deep.
Here's the recipe for the banana bread:

1 ripe (medium) banana
1 1/3 tbsp unsalted butter
1 egg white
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt (do not need if using salted butter)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
5 Tbsp all purpose flour
and as many chocolate chips as you want! (I used about 1/4 cup)

1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. Mix all the ingredients together
3. Bake mini loaf for about 25 minutes. (Check on it at 20 minutes)

you can test to see if it's done with a toothpick, but I like the chewy texture of slightly uncooked top when it comes to banana breads, so 23 minutes was just perfect for me.

Also, I didn't need to use the egg yolk, if your batter seems too think, add a little bit of milk.
Cutting the yolk out cuts out cholesterol, which makes you feel better when you eat the whole loaf in one sitting.

and finally, munch when it's still warm (with a very tall glass of milk)!

No comments:

Post a Comment